Lost/Stolen Plates

Lost or Stolen DMV Registration, Stickers or Plates?

In the event, your California registration, stickers or plates have been lost, stolen, mutilated or become illegible, you must replace these immediately. Although it is a common occurrence and mistakes happen, it is illegal to drive without proper documentation and can result in tickets or fines. Fortunately, the process is quite simple and we can help!

What you will need:

No matter if you need a new registration card, new license plates, or new stickers, you will need to complete an Application for Replacement Plates, Stickers, and Documents (REG 156).

You may need:
  • To surrender any remaining license plate(s).
  • To show proof of ownership.
  • To show your California driver license or identification (DL/ID) card.
  • To show your out-of-state or out-of-country DL/ID card and a secondary photo ID.
  • A Verification of Vehicle (REG 31) form.
  • An additional form for special license plates.
  • A police report.
  • Fees.

(Source: California DMV)

Questions? Contact Us

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Call Us Now For a Free Quote

    Hablamos español